Effective Date: January 1, 2020
We collect personal information directly from you, as well as automatically through the use of our Sites.
Information You Provide. Our Sites contain certain features, such as the contact forms, blog comments, newsletter registrations, and event registrations where you have the option to provide information about yourself. This personally identifiable information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number and comments that you post on the Sites. You have no obligation to provide this information in order to use the Sites. Furthermore, you have no obligation to provide this information in order to use the Site’s services, unless the service’s core functionality relies upon this information. For example, We will need your email address in order to provide the email newsletter service.
Information Received from Third-Parties. We may collect or receive information about individuals from service providers, and other third parties, such as our clients, representatives, and professional advisors, content providers, government authorities, and public sources and records.
Cookies and Similar Devices
Web Beacons, clear GIFS, or pixel tags Web Beacons are tiny 1×1 pixel transparent images with a unique identifier that can be used by our web server to track activity of users, help manage content, and compile statistics about usage of individual web pages. In contract to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded on our web pages and served when a web page is requested by a visitor to our site. We and our third-party service providers also use Web Beacons in HTML emails to our customers, mailing list, and newsletter subscribers to help us track response rates and engagement, to identify when our emails and newsletters are viewed, and to track whether our emails and newsletters have been forwarded.
Third Party Analytics
Third Party Websites
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for data collection, use practices, policies, or cookie use of the third party sites that you have accessed from our sites.We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website that collects personal information.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information we will remove his or her information from our files. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware that a child for which you are the parent or guardian has provided us with personal information.
Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information that you provide to respond to your request or inquiry and in the ordinary course of conducting our business. Generally, we use the information that we collect as follows:
- Provide support and services
- Respond to your requests or inquiries
- Contact and communicate with you through email, telephone, text message, and social media
- Customize the user experience within the website
- Improve site usage and engagement analytics
- Protect our legal rights and prevent misuse
- Comply with legal obligations
- General business operations
- Advertise services of the Law Offices of Gary R. King & Associates
- Advertise third-party products or services to the users of our Sites
- Store, archive, retrieve and make copies of user generated content
- Process payments
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Third party service providers that provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services such as data storage, or software services
- Third party website, mailing list, and related service providers who assist us in operating the website and conducting our business online
- Government and / or regulatory authorities
- Professional indemnity insurers
- Courts providing a proper court order
- Investigators, police, security, insurance providers and similar providers in the event of a fraud or security investigation
- Subsequent owners in the event of a transfer or sale of the Law Offices of Gary R. King & Associates
The Law Offices of Gary R. King & Associates shares your personal data with the following Third Parties:
What Options Are Available to You?
Correcting and Updating Information
Disclosure of personal information is not required to access the Sites. If you would like to see the information that has been manually or automatically collected by our services, please contact email@example.com to view or make a request to purge your personal information. We will make diligent efforts to verify you before we provide your personal information to ensure that malicious third-parties are not attempting to fraudulently access your personal information. If you request that We delete any account information, We may retain certain information as required by law for legitimate business purposes.
You can adjust your web browser settings to turn off cookies. Finally, you can cease to use this website.
If you have subscribed to a mailing list, newsletter or other form of correspondence, you may unsubscribe or “opt-out” of all future communications from us that do not relate to the products or services that you have ordered. You may opt-out by either sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the service to which you want to Unsubscribe, or you may click the Unsubscribe link on any marketing email or newsletter communication that you receive.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. We respect your wishes and will not track user activity once “do not track” has been activated.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, the Law Offices of Gary R. King & Associates cannot guarantee 100% the security or confidentiality of the information that you provide to us. Do not disclose confidential information, including any information that may expose you to civil or criminal liability, via contact forms on this website.
By using this Website, you consent to the collection and use of information as specified above.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants California residents:
- The right to know what personal information is collected, used, shared or sold, both as to the categories and specific pieces of personal information;
- The right to delete personal information held by businesses and by extension, a business’s service provider;
- The right to opt-out of sale of personal information. Consumers are able to direct a business that sells personal information to stop selling that information. Children under the age of 16 must provide opt in consent, with a parent or guardian consenting for children under 13.
- The right to non-discrimination in terms of price or service when a consumer exercises a privacy right under CCPA.
To exercise these rights call 949.443.3390.
Additionally, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Our Office of or its affiliates to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.